This page is been managed directly by the hospital. Any communications initiated will be directly responded by the hospital only.

    Dr. Seok Jin Ham

    Lung cancer · Esophagoscopy

    Ajou University Hospital

    Gyeonggi-do, South Korea


    Foundation year






    Dr. Seok Jin Ham is currently a physician at Ajou University Hospital and a graduate of Yonsei University College of Medicine. Dr. Seok Jin Ham is an assistant professor of thoracic surgery at Gangnam Severance Hospital. Dr. Seok Jin Ham finished his Doctor of Medicine degree at Yonsei University Graduate School. Dr. Seok Jin Ham underwent Visiting Scholar lung transplantation training at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Dr. Seok Jin Ham is one of the best thoracic surgeons in Seoul, South Korea, with expertise in the fields of esophagoscopy and lung cancer. Esophagoscopy is a medical procedure in which a flexible or rigid tube called an endoscope is used to examine the inside of the esophagus (the muscular tube that connects the mouth to the stomach). The endoscope has a camera and a light on the end, which allows the doctor to see the inside of the esophagus on a screen. Esophagoscopy is typically done to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the esophagus, such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), esophageal cancer, hiatal hernia, or esophageal strictures (narrowing of the esophagus). It can also be used to remove foreign objects that may have become stuck in the esophagus. Lung cancer is a type of cancer that develops in the tissues of the lungs. It is one of the most common types of cancer worldwide and is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths. There are two main types of lung cancer: non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC). NSCLC is the most common type, accounting for about 85% of all cases, while SCLC accounts for the remaining 15%. The most common cause of lung cancer is smoking, but other factors such as exposure to radon gas, air pollution, and occupational exposure to certain chemicals can also increase the risk. Symptoms of lung cancer may include a persistent cough, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, chest pain, and fatigue.