Face Contouring Treatment
Last updated date: 24-Apr-2023
Originally Written in English
Face Contouring Treatment
Many patients are attempting to slow down the aging process while dealing with flaws such as wrinkles, fine lines, and creases. However, while some patients use home remedies to reduce apparent signs of aging, these treatments are only temporary.
Many doctors, fortunately, provide a wide range of facial contouring treatments to improve your overall appearance and produce stunning, youthful results. Knowing which surgical approach is suitable for the area you wish to improve might help you in achieving the look you have often desired.
The muscles in the face can be tightened and wrinkles smoothed out using facial contouring treatments such as brow lift surgery. Rhinoplasty, for example, can improve face symmetry by improving the size and form of the nose while also correcting nasal flaws including bumps and wide nostrils. Facelift and eyelid surgery can help patients with volume loss and saggy skin in the upper, mid, and lower face.
What is Face Contouring?
Face contouring is a procedure that alters the structural features of the face, such as the chin, cheeks, and jaw. The procedure is carried out by injecting the implant (placement). By filling and raising the cheekbones, making the chin more prominent, or making the jawline wider and stronger, this operation can help to balance the face. If you're thinking about getting facial contouring, evaluate the modifications you want to make to your face and show the doctor clear images to help him or her understand what you want to appear like.
The shapes of the various areas of the face have a big impact on the overall appearance of the face. Every person's number of face contouring treatments is different. There are circumstances where a single operation is all that is required to attain the ideal face and other cases where two or more face contouring treatments are required. A 3D-CT scan is very helpful in determining the overall characteristics of your face before choosing the type of surgery. It is essential to schedule an appointment with your surgeon. It's also necessary that the clinic possess the necessary and safe equipment for this procedure. Skin tightening, fat transfers, and implants are some of the surgical treatments used in face contouring.
Face Contouring Benefits
Face implants and dermal fillers are the two most commonly used treatments for face contouring. Fillers produce incredible results, but they are just temporary. Facial implants, on the other hand, have many more advantages, making them a better choice for facial enhancement. Here are a number of their benefits:
- Long-lasting results. Facial implants provide a long-term augmentation that reduces the need for subsequent procedures. Facial fillers require maintenance treatments every 8 to 12 months to preserve the effects.
- Augmentation of the face. Fillers improve the look of your face by filling up the skin, but facial implants are more successful since they can also augment your facial skeletal structure. In addition, some problems, such as ill-defined cheeks or a weak chin, can only be treated by facial implants.
- Balancing the facial features. Some persons appear to have asymmetrical face features. When someone has a large nose and a receding chin, this is a common example. In such cases, face implants can help to achieve a balance between your facial features by appropriately aligning them with one another. Jaw angle implants, cheek implants, and chin implants can all be used to achieve beautiful symmetry. Patients who get nose surgery frequently concurrently have a chin implant to produce a more appealing and contoured facial profile.
- Improved facial definition. Consider a face that you find attractive. You'll see that it's well-defined, with clear lines, angles, and curves that set it out from the others. Some people lack natural facial definition or lose it as they become older. The doctor uses facial implants to improve face harmony and definition by creating appealing angles and shapes that highlight your facial characteristics.
Candidates for Face Contouring
Women may choose facial contour treatment for a variety of reasons, including a desire for a smaller, softer, more feminine appearance. If a man believes his face is too feminine, facial contouring might help him achieve a more masculine and sculpted appearance. Individuals who are transitioning from one sexuality to another can benefit from facial contouring. This is a possibly serious procedure, so make your decision based on all available data and resources.
Other candidates for facial contouring treatment are people in their fifties and sixties who have glanced in the mirror and no longer like themselves. Due to the amount of drooping skin and wrinkles on their faces, these people have lost their facial contouring.
Facial contouring is the result of a series of treatments coordinated with your surgeon to get the desired effect. Rhinoplasty, rhytidectomy, otoplasty, mentoplasty, and blepharoplasty are common contouring operation combinations. The doctor will go over the dangers of having this treatment, but because it can be a long process, the doctor will make sure the patient has no health problems that could be exacerbated by the long anesthetic.
Patients who have excess submental fat (below the chin) may benefit from facial liposuction, also known as lipoplasty. When necessary, this can be done in conjunction with a facelift or as a standalone procedure. Liposuction can also be used to improve the appearance of the jawline and reduce joweling. This is a good option for people who aren't ready for a facelift but still want to improve their jawline contour. Liposuction also takes a shorter time to recover from than a facelift. The overall facial symmetry and harmony might be affected by a weak chin and visible fat deposits in the neck and jowls. Many doctors use liposuction to remove excess fat from these areas, either with or without a chin implant to improve contour. This technique is frequently performed in conjunction with rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty. Lipoplasty can give you a far more beautiful profile and a younger-looking face shape.
Face Fat Grafting
The reduction of volume is a common symptom of aging. This is particularly true in the area of the midface and lower eyelids. Fat grafting is a two-stage procedure that uses a patient's own tissues to replace lost volume. Fat is usually taken from the lower body (abdomen, thighs, or buttocks) and processed before being implanted into certain facial areas. This procedure is usually performed under anesthesia, which distinguishes it from commercial filler products like Restylane or Juvederm. Fat grafting, commonly known as fat transfer, can be used to modify contours permanently. Although some fat will last indefinitely, you'll need to touch up in one or more years to maintain the results. Fat grafting is frequently performed in conjunction with facial liposuction or eyelid surgery.
Facial Implants are specially manufactured solid materials that are compatible with human tissues and used to improve or augment the physical structure of the face.
An evaluation of your goals, the aspects you intend to improve, and your surgeon's opinion are required to determine the exact type and size of facial implants that are most appropriate for you.
While facial implants can be used in any area of the face, the most typical areas are the cheeks, chin, and jaw. Cosmetic surgery with facial implants may help you if you have a small chin, a weak jaw, or a lack of facial contour.
Chin implants can be used to improve the size and projection of a chin that is out of proportion to the forehead and mid-face. A small or depressed chin is one that appears to sink in the neck of a normal-weight person rather than projecting out as a distinguishing facial feature.
The width of the lower part of your face is increased with jaw implants. A weak jaw is one that is not well defined and distinctive from the neck, or one that slopes rather than angles from the ear to the chin, similar to the weak chin. Both the chin and the jaw might contribute to facial asymmetry in some circumstances.
The projection of the cheekbones is increased with cheek implants. They lend depth to areas that are otherwise flat or depressed.
The cheekbones are a prominent feature of the face. Not only does the quality of our skin vary as we age, but so does the underlying support, which includes the skull, muscles, and fat! As a result, the face shrinks in some areas, fat and muscle drop with gravity, and the skin, which has thinned and becomes less flexible, no longer fits. Jowls (the sagging around the chin area) and nasolabial lines/folds (the curve from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth) form as a result of this.
People age in different ways; some may lose fullness or volume, while others may notice that their volume decreases (droops, sags, or both). When it comes to rejuvenating the face, restoring volume in the cheeks is important. With insufficient cheek volume, the face loses the lovely young curves that fuller cheeks bring. Furthermore, the lower eyelid can be supported by the mid-cheek, and increasing volume to the cheeks can often enhance the look of under-eye bags and hollows.
Cheek Enhancement also referred to as Cheek Fillers, is a non-surgical treatment that uses Dermal Filler injections to lift, define, and contour the form of the cheeks for a pronounced cheekbone appearance.
Dermal Filler is a man-made gel-like product that resembles the body's natural hyaluronic acid and is injected directly into the cheek muscles to give them a more prominent appearance. However, for some people, small abnormalities of the cheeks caused by birth or trauma can be corrected. Dermal Fillers are utilized to improve the overall form, profile, projection, and harmony of the cheeks and cheekbones, with no downtime.
Your aesthetic doctor will make the treatment as comfortable as possible by numbing the region with a topical anesthetic before the procedure, and as with all procedures, the final results will be thoroughly discussed during your initial appointment. The results are noticeable right away, though moderate bruising is to be expected; it will go away in 3-7 days.
Because facial balance is a key component of plastic procedures, modifications to your profile may help you get a better overall result. Implantation or direct bone remodeling can be used to augment the chin. Chin augmentation is frequently combined with rhinoplasty, facelift, or submental liposuction treatments, while it can be done separately. Implants are placed either through the mouth or through a minor external incision beneath the chin. Implants are often composed of Silastic, an inert substance that the body tolerates well.
The operation of bone remodeling (also known as sliding genioplasty) is more demanding than implantation. It may be beneficial for people with significantly smaller chins or limited lower lip competence. Sliding genioplasty is always performed through incisions in the mouth and takes longer to recover than implantation. Chin reduction, if necessary, can be done in a similar way, but usually with incisions beneath the chin.
- Immediately after the treatment, drink two glasses of water.
- For three days after the treatment, drink lots of fluids (at least 8-10 glasses each day).
- A soothing cream or gel can be put on your skin right after the treatment to soothe it down. Doctors advise that you get the post-laser gel and apply it at home. A cooling mist of thermal water may also be beneficial.
- Two hours following the therapy, make-up can be done.
- If you've had your facial area treated, it's best not to wash it with hot water for 12 to 24 hours thereafter.
- For 3 days after the therapy, avoid strenuous exercise, sweating, hot baths, or saunas.
- After therapy, don't drink alcoholic beverages for three days (alcohol might drain fluid from the body and skin).
- Apply high-factor sun protection after and in between sessions, and protect the treated region from direct sunlight for at least one month following treatment.
- It is not advisable to arrange holidays to the sun in the week after the session.
- You may see immediate improvements after your first treatment, or you may need several treatments to see benefits. The number of sessions required depends on the severity of skin irregularities, the client's age, skin condition, smoking history, medical history, and medications, among other factors.
- Two months following the final treatment, the client should return for a follow-up visit.
- Maintenance treatment is recommended two times a year.
- When good outcomes are achieved, the treatment is considered successful.
Face Contouring Risks
Incisions are used in the majority of facial contouring procedures, putting the patient at risk for scarring (including keloid scars and scar tissue expansion), bleeding, and infection. Infection is more frequent in patients who have had fat removed or who have had implant surgery. Scar tissue, on the other side, is a potentially significant side effect of facial implants. An aberrant immune system reaction causes the scar to form, which leads it to expand and tighten around the implant. If this happens, the shape of the implants will change, which would have a negative impact on the contouring procedure's outcomes. Swelling, petechia, and numbness are very common side effects, and they might take a long time to go away. Patients are also at risk of developing hypersensitivity to the anesthetics administered. These are some of them:
- Low blood pressure
- Breathing suppression
- Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung)
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clot in the leg)
- Heart failure
- Nausea and vomiting following surgery
The fact that the treatment takes a long time to complete adds to the hazards. As a result, doctors require pre-operative screening to ensure that the patient does not have any underlying health issues that could be exacerbated by prolonged anesthesia.
Over years, Americans spent many million dollars on face contouring treatment. It's important to remember that face contouring treatment should be followed by a healthy lifestyle, which includes a balanced diet and regular exercise. This will benefit you in achieving and maintaining your goals.